TiVo Playlisting Console
We're providing an interactive Playlisting Prototype and select assets from our music metadata catalog, to provide interactive experiences around:
Track, Release, Album, Artist objective and subjective metadata
Tones, Themes, Moods, and Similar Artists
Artist & UMG album artwork
For example, here's an API request for the 'Christmas' playlist you'll see in the playlisting console (note the 'MW' ID is our album ID you can use with our Rovi Cloud Services API to retrieve album imagery and other associated information) -
Here are a few other off-the-shelf examples however you're welcome to create your own version in our playlisting console -
The prototype includes the following ‘Filters’ : Artist/Album Tones & Themes, Original Release Year, Song Popularity, Artist, Song Genre. All imagery and factual metadata is provided by TiVo Music Metadata. Use the following cheat sheets for a complete listing of genre/subgenre/mood/theme metadata.
Cheat Sheet - Master Genre/Subgenre/Style List
Use the below link and choose File>Download As>CSV to import a CSV into your SQL/Mongo DB for a master list of all TiVo Music genres, subgenres, and styles - this can come in handy to create a genre/subgenre/style map or discovery experience.
Cheat Sheet - Master Moods List
Cheat Sheet - Master Themes List
Automated Playlists (create a playlist based on artist, album themes, tones, genres, etc)
Click the “+” in the top left of the screen to create anew carousel
Provide an alphanumeric path name which will be part of the URL to
call this carousel’s API. This can simply be the Name of the carousel
with no spaces or special characters
Select the type “Automated”
Provide the name for your carousel. This will be the label for it when it is
displayed. Click OK.
Click the “+” next to the “Any of the following are true...” message in
the yellow strip
Select the “Filter” from drop-down
Select an available filter
Select the “Type” you want to use from the drop-down
Click in the “Values” field to see what options are available to you to
select. As you start typing, the values will be searched against and limit the results. Select the value(s) you want.
9. View the Live Preview in the right pane. Use the arrows in the bottom of the pane to scroll through results.
10. Click the “+” on the right side of the dark gray strip of the center pane. This will add an additional filter. Both filters must be satisfied for the results to make it to the Live Preview pane. Additional filters can continue to be added as needed.
11. Click the “X” next to one of the filters. This will delete a filter.
12. Click the “+” next to the “Any of the following are true...” in the center pane. This has created a new set of filters. If any of the set of filters between the dark gray strips are satisfied, then they will be present in the Live Preview.
13. Hover over the sliders on the right pane to understand what each means. Try to slide a few of them over and note how the results in the Live Preview change order.
14. Click the disk icon on the top right of the screen to save it. You’vecreated an Automated Carousel.
Click the trash can icon at the top of the left pane to enter delete
Click the “X” next to each carousel you just created.
Click the trash can icon at the top of the left pane again to come out
of delete mode.
Click the drop down, “Toggle Info” icon at the top of the center pane to enter delete mode.
Click on the pathway“sd/tivo-music/carousels/...”
3. With a JSON or XML web browser plug-in, you will be able to download and view the TiVo music metadata for each playlist
UI Screen Testing
Select Screens from the left navigation pane
Click the “+” in the top left of the to create a new screen
Provide an alpha numeric path name which will be part of the URL to call this screen’s API. This can simply be the Name of thescreen with no spaces or special characters
Provide the name for your carousel. This will be the label for it when it is displayed.
Enter a default number of rows of carousels you want to return on your screen.
Enter a default number of items you want to return in each carousel on your screen. Click OK.
Drag a carousel from the lower left pane into the middle screen pane.
Drag several more carousels into the middle screen pane. Note the listing of content in the Live Preview.
Drag a carousel from the middle screen pane to a different position to update the ordering of carousels on the screen. Note the change in the Live Preview.
Click the disk icon on the top middle of the screen to save it. You’ve created a Screen.
3. Click the trash can icon at the top of the left pane to enter delete mode.
Click the “X” next to each screen you just created.
Click the trash can icon at the top of the left pane again to
come out of delete mode.